Am I truly receiving? If I respond immediately, or even a beat before the speaker ceases, am I truly present for the message or am I formulating my response to deliver on cue? I sense my need for immediate response like a hungry child fearful of an empty plate. Piling on top of that which is already full robs nutrients and wastes food. Empty place offers space to digest and sense nourishment from within, to consciously choose (or not) whether more is necessary.
My adult will be joining me at the next meal. And that empty plate will sustain the intention to receive.
Yummy Blue Belt stuff...you must be readying yourself for February. Transmitting with clarity is as important a nutrient as receiving with love...but I know you know that.
ReplyDeleteAnd here I thought you were going to talk about having eaten all your Thanksgiving turkey!
Love,
Jill
Ahh. So this is Blue Belt teachings? I feel that when I remember to keep my energy allies close at hand I am a better listener.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate this analogy and will also keep it in mind.
Thank you.