Sharing my passion for Nia and flowing with those pearls that life brings.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Yellow Brick Road on the Way to the Emerald City (thank you, Jill),

Song of the morning - "On the Road to Find Out" by Cat Stevens. This is a good sign.

My path to Green Belt has been filled with more twists and turns than my lower intestines. Have you ever seen the poster with "I FEEL ______ TODAY" and numerous facial expressions dare you to select one? Me! You know the feeling as you're traveling up that long track on the roller coaster and you think this isn't so bad but wait what's that bump will the track hold didn't I see this on the news last week oooo the wind feels nice on m face up here do I lean forward what did the guy say to do am I too short yeah for me for being brave? Then, you reach the top where, at that split second, you realize what the hell was I thinking before releasing to sensation? I've been at the top of the roller coaster, clutching the people around me, anticipating that sensation of release. My fingernails are now pulling away from the indentations in my palms and as I relax my fingers in a gesture of receiving, I discover jewels whose sparkle in my eyes had been dulled by my own grip.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely words Joi. I was once a roller coaster fanatic...needing to feel that sensation of ecstatic terror as the click-clack of the wheels crawled slowly up, up, up...the single moment of my stomach deciding it didn't like where it was currently located in my body...and then that whoooooosh of the wind against my face, the round "O" of my mouth and then the piercing scream as we plummeted downward. That to me was thrilling...then. I don't need that kind of thrill anymore...LIFE to me is a thrill. Every day I wake up and breathe the breath of life. I feel the thrill of releasing my grip, letting go and seeing what miraculous moments life has in store. Follow the Yellow Brick Road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joi...I published this comment under your first post rather than this one...so I'm also stating it here!!! Congratulations on your Green Belt! Welcome to the Emerald City. Joyfully follow the Yellow Brick Road!

    ReplyDelete