I was carrying out another load of clutter when "Stop, Look, and Listen before you cross the street" popped into my head. Then, I sensed the message in my body - it's really all about making conscious choices before taking steps so that when we do "step" across any street, we do so in a state of awareness. Profound for 60's elementary school lesson.
I have no segue into the next part except to say that there was some connection at the moment but the clutter got me distracted :-).
Click. Surrounding myself with more stuff limits my choices. I used to think that it was a great thing but surrounding myself with stuff keeps me in my head and limits my range of motion. More means I scatter my energy sifting through distractions and "trying" to make decisions rather than tapping into my sensation which is the clearest frequency when tuning in to what I want. Shifting to sensation opens endless possibilities from which I can concisely choose relying on feedback from my body rather than chatter from my mind. As my relationship with my Nia practice evolves, I deepen my appreciation for the freedom and grace in clarity. I'm learning to release distractions that complicate and clog channels of energy. I can now sense if I really want to cross that street in the first place or if where I am is right where I need to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment