For the past 15 years, I've spent the week before returning to school blown about in gale-force winds of activity. My summer to-do checklist of monumental accomplishments designed to create ease would stare me in the face, checkless. Brewing underneath was usually a storm of dread showered with smatterings of excitement. Assemble that in one 5' package and watch out for ensuing carnage.
My last day of duty on June 24th turned out to be quite more than an ordinary last duty day. It was the day that my dear friend who happened to be my great boss was informed that she would not be returning to the school the following year. It was the day that I called upon that which I receive from Nia, RAW - relaxed, alert, and waiting for the sound and silence to cue my moves. This summer spent in a heightened state of RAW has been filled with harmony. Even in times when I dipped into fear's discord, the stay was shortened by RAW's gentle encouragement back to sensation.
RAW is where I sense a shift from "thinking" I "need" to "do" something to sensing when action is warranted. I invite rather than direct or command. For me, it's about trusting that whatever I need will be revealed in natural time and be filled with wondrous possibilities. This has been my experience and continues to be so.
The light has returned to my friend's eyes. Sensing this gift has been well worth the wait.
And the journey gets smoother. So similar to "The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge".
ReplyDelete