Sharing my passion for Nia and flowing with those pearls that life brings.

Friday, September 10, 2010

On the road to find out

One of the many aspects of Nia that I have loved is the concept of natural time. Tuning in to the body, tuning out distractions, and listening with highly attuned "ears" for movement cues. Getting a sense of when to remain still, when to move, when to speak, when to listen. I am enchanted by this magic of Nia particularly as I witness its potency whenever I do my best to engage my "ears" and listen for the silence that clues me in on an upcoming change in movement.
Recently, the silence has been whispering simplify and clarify
My body's response tell me more. . .
Start from the beginning. Pay close attention. Reclaim. Release should. Embrace the unknown. 
I thought you said to simplify. That sounds like quite a bit to do. And, if you're silence, why are you whispering?
Don't be a smart ass.


And so, I am on the road to find out, holding my Nia practice as my compass and trusting the course of my natural time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-1v2R-2fY
 

No comments:

Post a Comment